THE RED HAT SOCIETY 2021 ONLINE OPPORTUNITY DRAWINGS
- Eligibility. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. THESE OPPORTUNITY DRAWINGS TO BE CONDUCTED DURING 2023 (“PROMOTIONS”) ARE OPEN ONLY TO PAID MEMBERS 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER (“MEMBERS”) OF THE RED HAT SOCIETY, INC. (“SPONSOR”) DURING THE PROMOTIONS’ ANNOUNCED DATES. ENTRIES MUST BE PURCHASED ONLINE BY CREDIT CARD ONLY. IF YOU ARE NOT A MEMBER, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE, AND THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD PRIZES TO ENTRANTS WHO FAIL TO MEET THESE REQUIREMENTS. To be eligible to win a prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the format designated below. Directors, officers and employees of Sponsor and any of their respective affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate families of each are not eligible to win any prizes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Offer void where prohibited.
- Disclaimer. Sponsor, all participating sponsors and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) any Promotion disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor; or (c) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion.
- Promotion Period. The Promotion period (the “Promotion Period”) will be announced with inclusive dates for entries for that Promotion with a cut-off date for entries for each Promotion (the “Deadline”). All entries must be received by the Deadline to be eligible to win a prize.
The prizes to be awarded will be announced in the promotion material for each Promotion and the retail value of such item to the extent reasonably known will be announced (many prizes will be unique items associated with the history of the Red Hat Society and their actual value to the person who wins them may far exceed their retail value).
Odds of winning a prize depends on number of eligible entries received. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES AND COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH THE SHIPPING, RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. PRIZES WILL BE SHIPPED TO THE LATEST ADDRESS PROVIDED BY THE MEMBER IN MEMBERSHIP RECORDS. SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR PROBLEMS ASSOCIATED WITH THE SHIPPING, RECEIPT AND USE OF PRIZES.
All prizes will be awarded as provided above. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prizes will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize. Limit one prize per ticket. All prizes are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
- How to Enter. To enter a Member must during the Promotion and before the Deadline, either (1) purchase a ticket or tickets online or (2) fill out and submit a request for a ticket for a particular prize by mailing such request on a 3 x 5 card to the Red Hat Society at its Fullerton address below to be received by Sponsor before the Deadline. You must state on the 3×5 card that you are an eligible Member and that you have read and accept these Official Rules and the release of liability in paragraph 7 of the Official Rules. On the card, indicate the prize package that you are entering to win. Purchase of a ticket will not increase odds of winning.
- Promotion Rules. Prizewinners for each Promotion will be determined by a random drawing from all eligible entries for that Promotion, to be held at the Red Hat Society Hatquarters at 369 South Acacia Avenue, Fullerton, California 92831 at dates to be specified for each Promotion. Winners will be notified following the drawing, and will receive their prizes as specified above.
- General Release. By entering a Promotion, you release Sponsor, participating sponsors and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
- Selection of Prizes. Actual model, color, accessories and features of the prizes awarded, which are not unique one of a kind prizes, shall be selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion and may vary from photos used in print, Sponsor promotional materials, and/or in electronic and web banner advertising including the Sponsor web site.
- Use of Winner’s Name, Likeness, etc. Except where prohibited by law, entry into a Promotion constitutes permission to use winners’ name, address, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, winners may be required to execute a consent to the use of their name, address, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation.
- Affidavit & Release. As a condition of being awarded any prize, you must place a check mark in the space specified in the terms for the specific Promotion to affirm that you are an eligible Member and that you have read and accept these Official Rules and the release of liability in paragraph 7 of the Official Rules.
- Winners List; Rules Request. For a copy of the winning ticket list for a Promotion, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope within 10 calendar days of the Deadline for that Promotion to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: [WEEK] 2023 Fun Raiser Opportunity Drawing Winners List. To obtain a copy of these rules, send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: 2023 Fun Raiser Opportunity Drawing Rules Request. Residents of VT may omit return postage.
- Copyright Notice. The Promotions and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2023 by Sponsor. All rights reserved.
- Miscellaneous. The Promotions and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the state of California. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Promotion or any entrant’s participation in the Promotion should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Promotion. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Promotion, please e-mail them to email@example.com or send written questions to Red Hat Society, 369 South Acacia Avenue, Fullerton, CA 92831.
- Promotion Sponsor. The sponsor of the Promotion is The Red Hat Society, Inc., 369 S. Acacia Ave., Fullerton, CA 92831.